Monday, October 22, 2012

The Gloom and the Dooms -__-

You want to know what is hardest thing to be? It is being thankful. We’re a thankless lot and maybe that is the reason why most people are generally unhappy and negative. You just have to log into FB and twitter to see that I’m right. Everybody and everything SUCKS. That is not counting normal conversations, blog post and even IG accounts. Instead of taking pretty pictures that will lift up their moods they will find the darkest clouds or a big fat blob and comment “this is how I feel at the moment :'( ”
I call this people the “glooms and the dooms”. 98% of the things that came out of their mouth is how shitty everything is for them, how horrible god is to them, blahblahblah… It came to a point where you feel like telling them “OMG roll over and die already”.

You don’t have to be happy ALL the time, it will be unnatural (and a bit psychotic) if you’re always smiling but to never see the silver lining in anything is just sad. The problem with Miss/Mr. Gloom and Doom is I find them a bit (a lot) self-absorbed and thankless. I feel like asking them “how is your life so sucky that you can’t even find ONE thing in your life to be thankful for?”
Some has great job, steady salary, awesome family, husband, bf/gf but will still choose the one thing that they don’t have and they will go on and on and on about them. They will talk, blog even dream about it. Never finding the solution always creating more problems for themselves (i.e. indulging in self destructive behavior which is a whole new topic of their own)
For example a friend once told me she hated her job. My answer to her is this “You have 2 choices STAY and somehow make it bearable or LEAVE and get a new job”. I could tell she was a bit pissed off with me and I know that advice falls under the “easier said than done” category but what exactly do you expect me to say? It is not my job to sugar coat things because it sounds better for their delicate ears.
IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! To keep on doing the same thing expecting different results is just plain stupid.

I’m sorry but I’m just annoyed and a bit disappointed with some of the people around me at the moment. It reminded me of the time when I was that person. So absorbed with my problems that I literally blocked everyone out for months. Lying on the bed wallowing in my lost and sorrows, hating everyone who’s happy around me. So freaking bitter.

I was lucky that I had people around me who won’t tolerate with such nonsense for long. They made me realized that I had so much other thing going in my life, I moved on and adopted a healthier and more positive outlook in life. Someone told me that when I’m feeling down I should go out and do something nice to others, get out of my self-absorption and realized there are people out there suffering much worst.

Now that I’m a mother, I’m slowly learning to let go of my selfish behavior and pay attention to others needs instead. Maybe that is why Allah gave me kids fast and in quantity (haha) to help me shed my bad qualities; p

Anyway about 6 years ago I felt as if the sky is falling down on me, however once I’ve learned to accept things will happen and I have no power to stop them but I do have a control over how I reacted towards it and have started to learn to respect and love myself more, things changed for the better. Alhamdullilah.
I still have my low moment, when I do go “bipolar”, hateful and jealous over things that I don’t have but I try to get rid of the “shittyness” fast. I’ll vent it out and try not to keep on talking about it and go on being busy doing other stuff. That is why I stopped using my blog as a venting place, because I try to make it my “happy zone” a place where I can always find a reason to smile.Maybe it comes across as a bit fake and “fluffy” but I’m happy with the way things are at the moment and hope I’ll never be that person I was a few years back. *insyallah*

Anyway for the "glooms and dooms", I have a song that my friend love to sing to us back in school :-
Nobody loves me, everybody hates me
Think I'll go and eat worms
Long ones, short ones, fat ones, thin ones
See how they wriggle and squirm
I bite off the heads, and suck out the juice
And throw the skins away
Nobody knows how fat I grow
On worms three times a day
Ohh...nobody loves me.

3 comments:

twayblade said...

agree wholeheartedly on that part u said if u want something to happen, then make it happen. i was that gloomy person at the previous workplace (u pun tau kan how i turned my blog to channel my frustration and all) but managed to ditch all those negative auras of mine once i made the exit. dont be too complacent with your current position.

~f@R~ said...

Ida: :) yeap you dig urself out of the hole and now ur in a better place. I just cant stand people who complaint but wont do anything to change pastu blame everyone and everything and forever depressed ;p

Anonymous said...

OMG that worm song is classic