My colleagues and I was thinking of a perfect gift for a friend's baby shower and we came up with the idea of a diaper cake. Practical but cute. Anyway I volunteered to make the diaper cake despite never making one. Googled the instructions and I have to say it is quite easy :) Much easier than making a real cake hehehe....
1. Get the ingredients : Diapers (in this case 28 pieces), rubber band, ribbons, cake base, plastic stirrer, loads of cellophane tape, ribbons, stickers, a plush toy (to be used as the "topper") and whatever additional goodies of your choice (in this case I use chocolates and baby jumper)
2. Roll up the diaper and secure a rubber band around it. For a small cake you would need around 19-20 diaper rolls to make the cake base. Tie a ribbon or use a big rubber band to secure the base.
3. Stick the stirrer in between of the diapers to ensure that the second tier won't fall off..
4. Secure the plush toy in between of the first tier diaper. Make sure the bands around the diapers are secured so that nothing will fall off.
5. Finally, tie a ribbon around the band and decorate your cake :)
The result :) "saya suka..saya suka.."
P/S: I know my instruction is pretty crappy. I'm just too lazy to go over each step. Check out this site if you need a proper instruction... How to make a diaper cake