Friday, December 14, 2012

The one on BH & AH

There was a period I shall call BH (before house) where around this time of the year I would be busy browsing on the internet for new handbags :p.Now I'm in a new era, a time which I shall refer to AH (after house) where I'm currently obsessed with anything and everything that have to do with interior designs.

Come 1 January 2013, it would mean that I've (we) officially moved into our crib for 2 years. However, in terms of house deco I would have to say that it is not "there" yet. The process of turning the place just the way I want it is a slow, sometimes painful (esp on my wallet) process.Renovations and furniture don't come cheap. So we need to really save up before we can start on any project. Even DIY is very challenging since we have our hands full with the little kiddies. Nonetheless, I am determined to make it work.

Malaysians by way of my observation prefers clean, matchy-matchy, hotel like, uniformed type of designs. I have yet to encounter any quirky houses with mismatch furniture and vintagey feel to it. I am currently inspired by several designs mags and blogs (from over the sea ;p ) The houses are rarely adorn with expensive furniture but for some reason it just looks so comfy and inviting. It also has character. You come in the house and you can instantly say "ohhhh this screams si so and so".

At the moment I feel that my pad is missing that little "je ne sais quoi", so I'm on a mission to change that :) When we first moved in everything was new (i.e. paint jobs, tiling etc) so we didn't feel like we needed to do a lot of stuff at that moment (the limited $$$ contributed to that decision too). 

Now that we have settled down and gotten to know the house better (like real) I feel like I'm in a better place to make deco decision (i.e. what kind of space the family needs rather than what we THINK we needed). Anyway we've just completed the tiling for the front porch so I'm a happy camper (at least for the moment), I'm happy enough to move on to my next project(s)...

List of Home Improvement Projects for 2013 :)

Ever since Sex & The City, I've always wanted a walk in closet for myself :p
The extra room upstairs is meant to be the twins bedroom but for the next few years until they are old enough to sleep on their own, I'm turning it into my walk in closet (haha) and prayer room 
(sejuk hati baca kan? *wek*)
Currently, I've divided the room into 2 sections using a rail and some light curtains. 
I'm still stuck over storage at the moment (yes, 3 clothes racks is still not enough) but a new chest drawer, some paint job, carpeting and wall hangings should be able to pull the room together. 

The playroom downstairs is also work in progress.
Some changes needed to be made especially now that the twins are older.
Nothing major but I'm so in love with some of the new designs of wallpapers by La.Mex
I'm also eyeing a bigger table for them to use in terms of snacks and colouring
(now semua nak rebut so I need 2-3 of everything for my own peace of mind)

I don't think wallpaper in a bathroom in Malaysia is the way to go but I do love the idea of those brighly coloured walls. Awesome pussom :)

Lovely living room designs. Comfortable, bright and homey
I'm trying to emulate some of the decor ideas by injecting splashes of colors and trinkets
but I've yet to find a "theme" that I can commit so this project is in my KIV file :p 

The master bedroom is not on the list because I'm currently sharing it with the 3 lil kiddies and with the 2 extra cots and kids stuff in the room I don't have much room for "stuff" if you get what I mean. I do want a new bed though. The old bed dragged from our old crib in Shah Alam don't seem to cut it anymore. Nak new king size bed boleh?

Yes this long winded post is courtesy of boredom since 2/3 of the office is gone for annual dinner. 
I decided to give it a miss this year because I'm lazy and I don't feel like socializing haha.
Nak balik nak balik nak balik...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi!

i totally like...no scratch that I totally loooove your decorating ideas. Something i would also wouldnt mind doing.

i am also in the BH stage and will be moving in God willing in a months time. i cant wait to decorate each room to my standards.

Keep u the good work.
Crysta

~f@R~ said...

Hello Crysta :)

Thanks for reading and good luck with the house decorating...a very tiring but worthwhile project...