Friday, April 22, 2011

Of Answered Prayers with a Twist...

I’m kind of busy with work at the moment and to tell you the truth I’m not really in the mood to blog. Something has been bugging me for months and lately I’ve allowed myself to wallow in self pity. It totally triggered my BD PreProitis Smurfing Ephilitis symptoms (haha inside joke: p) funnily enough someone totally unexpected i.e. a male colleague of no importance, notices the change and confronted me about it in a jest. It got me thinking though, why should I feel sorry for myself?

I guess as human we always want things that we can’t have or not meant to have “yet”. I should just be more patient. Maybe it acts as a sign that I should start thinking of alternatives and not be scared to step out of my comfort zone. I realized that great things always happen when I go through a more “challenging” road. Faith is the key.

Yes, I’m rambling but who cares, insignificant toads (chewah) are not meant to understand this. Sorry but I just hate it when “strangers” pretended that they know me just by reading a few blog post a week.

Anyway enough with the negativity. I shall focus on the good things instead. I’m going to turn 28 next month and Alhamdullilah I’ve fulfilled 4/5 of my personal goals of the things I should do before turning 30. I should be thankful; I should be down on my knees performing sujud syukur all the time, for all of the things I’m blessed with

1. When I was 25 and newly engaged I dreamt of starting a family with Lan and now 3 years later I have a beautiful family with a loving husband and a gorgeous son. I also have great parent and in laws and also siblings who I can always depend on. What more can a girl ask for?
2. Lan and I managed to purchase our own house at a young age. Alhamdullilah should anything happen to us at least Ryan would have an asset to call his own. It is not much but it is ours :)
3. After 2 years of hard work, tears and grueling task of balancing between work, studies, marriage, pregnancy and a baby, I’m going to attend my convocation this May where I’ll be receiving a piece of paper stating that I’ve completed my Masters in Corporate Law. It wasn’t easy but I did it...
4. I’ve gone for my Umrah.

Some may view this list as a “braglist” but when I look at this list I feel ashamed for failing to feel thankful in the first place. This post shall act as a reminder of all of my answered prayers.

Speaking of answered prayers, one of the wishes I made during Umrah came true. Well it was an improved version of the wish, a bit unexpected but very much welcome nevertheless. The gift also came with a “test”. So I hope I can successfully endure it. Alhamdullilah and here’s to change :)

Consider this....

Character cannot be developed in ease & quiet. Only through experience of trial & suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, & success achieved.

No comments: