Thursday, November 10, 2011

34 Weeks and Counting


Alhamdulillah. I’m happy to announce that my babies are both above the 2kg mark at 34weeks. Gumpy weights 2.4kg whereas little Gummy is 2.08kg. We’re so happy that we’ve passed one hurdle and now my main task is to ensure that the babies stay in my tummy for at least 2 more weeks.

The babies are still breech so the possibility of going through a c-section procedure is getting higher. Babies at 36weeks ++ (especially in multiple pregnancy) will rarely change their position due to the lack of space so I’ve 2 more weeks to cajoled the little ones to make the 180.

At the same time I’ve started reading articles on C-sect to increase my knowledge on the procedures/after care/cost etc. The more l learn the more nervous I get but at least I can manage my expectations. For all I know I may end up delivering the babies normally after all but it does not hurt to be well prepared, right?

Babies Preparations

We managed to wash all the baby laundry during the long weekend. Actually I have to credit hubby for carrying out the actual deed. I HATE doing laundry with a passion and as cute as the little clothes and mittens looks they are actually a b***ch to wash and lipat.

Since that one (boring) task is done, we’re left with this week project which is to prepare my hospital bag, transfer babies’ clothes to my parent’s house and finish cleaning up the babies’ playroom once and for all. Believe it or not I still haven’t decided on the paint colour yet. So the playroom deco project is pending at the moment because mummy is being her normal fickle self.

Anyway, we’re having doa selamat for the babies (and mummy) at our Surau today. I think holding the ceremony at the surau is a good call on my parents behalf as very minimal preparations needs to take place (order pre packed food/ buy drinks + fruits + packed everything in a bag) Hopefully, everything goes well *insyallah*

Hari Raya Aidiladha

Our Raya celebration this year was good. We went back to Perak for a day to visit Lan’s grandparents on Saturday. Ryan had so much fun playing with Lan’s younger cousins. On Sunday, everybody woke up bright and early to enjoy the normal yummy Raya feast of ketupat and rendang and my sister made nasi beriyani for lunch.

Later Lan brought Ryan to check out the cows and when daddy was busy helping with “melapah” the lembu, mummy and baby spent half of the afternoon napping (haha) We received so much free food and meat on Sunday :) We went back to Jalan Kebun later in the evening so Ryan can see my in laws.

Monday was mostly spent at home cleaning and lepaking. I don’t feel like going out much this days, even for shopping (*gasp*) Holidays are best spent rolling on the bed with Ryan (Lan optional) doing our best dinosaur impersonation hehehe.

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

Sha said...

Good luck with the baby. Inform me after you delivered

~f@R~ said...

Wokays will do. I need you to do something for me. Nanti DM