Thursday, August 7, 2008

To make up for the lack of updates....

Part One: The Boring Motivational Part

Nothing much have been going on. There is a long list of rules amendments to look at, after being out for 6 months I'm a little rusty on the application. I guess I will just need to slowly pick up the skills.

Can't believe it but last Saturday (02/08/08) marks 1 1/2 year of me being in SC, it was also my 21/2 years anniversary with yours truly....

I can't believe it, feels just like yesterday coming to this organization on my first day of work, being totally overwhelm with all the incredible talents around me. Some people still intimidate the crap out of me, but I've learned that sometimes you just have to make a total fool of yourself so that you can improve and learn from this individuals instead of shrinking away from them.

I went through my SPMS performance evaluation last week, the feedback was good, better than I expected. I know I still have so much to learn but it's just very touching to know that people believe in my ability. In a way I've been really lucky to be trained by the creme' of the industry. Maybe I don't have my own office, 2 secretaries, gazillion of allowance like some of my peers, but I'm thankful nevertheless. I think I have learned so much in the past 11/2 years.

I know there are times when things are really hard with "busuk hati" people making it more difficult, I may complain, bitch and cry but at the end of the day, I'll just say to myself, things that don't kill me will make me stronger. I'll just continue doing my best for my own personal development.

Currently, I'm still in the whole transition process to going back to be a student. Trust me it's not easy especially with classes 4 times a week. Someone called me crazy the other day for trying to do everything at once. I just smiled and say "yup, I am crazy, if I'm not that would not be me :)". So I explained to him, that I'm only 25, I have the whole world ahead of me and I'm not going to give up on a whole load of opportunity just because it's going to be hard.

Sometimes, when I'm too tired to wake up in the morning, I think about my dad. When I was 12-14 years old, my dad made a decision to further his studies, he was working full time and took night classes to obtained his degree. Every other day he will come back from office, send me to one of many classes, go to class, rush back to pick me up and get ready for another long day the next day. I never did understood the sacrifices that he made when I was younger, but I'm beginning to fully appreciate it now.

That is why when friends my age, esp. the guys, are talking about "settling down and taking it easy at work" I just raised my eyebrow. You are in your twenties and are already thinking of settling down? but at the same time complaining that you don't get enough recognition.. blahblahblah... and the whole sob story... "you don't understand, I got this problem, this person don't like me, I don't like this person" Stop whining-ler, If you are really unhappy with your work/relationship ect, than do something about it, why waste time complaining. Hate your organization? leave and find a better place to work.Colleague taking credit for your work, go confront that person, talk to your supervisor etc. Don't waste time finding fault in others.

Disregard comments like "Alah... dia tu tunjuk baik, dulu dia tu bukannya baik sangat... she used to be lazy, don't do assignment etc *insert whatever negative comments you have*" No one is perfect. I admit I have 10000000000 flaws, but just because I used to be a crappy person that does not mean that I can't change,right? If you continue, thinking that way, you will never change and you will continue repeating that same crappy mistakes for the rest of your life and that means that you are just STOOPID!!!! with a capital "S"

Part Two: Two years, 6 Months and 5 days



I'm not going to be all mushy going "you complete me" because you don't. (Haha) But you allow me to be myself when I'm with you, we may have different views on politics, taste in movies (Hellboy? *urrghh*) and I know for sure we don't see eye to eye on my need on having a shoe in every colour of the rainbow. Come to think of it we don't have much in common, do we?

But you are you and I'm just me... and we together... malas lah nak mushy2... nanti you perasan... anywayz... I love you, babe... Happy Belated Anniversary! can't wait for the chance to drive you crazy 24/7 instead of the current 4/4 (go figure)*grin*

Have a great Friday and a great weekend, people....

No comments: