Friday, December 18, 2009

In a few hours, a few days or a week?

Ya Allah, give me strength...

Still having contractions... 10 minutes apart...
It's getting more painful and longer...

Lan and I decided not to rush to the hospital yesterday and just wait till morning as we have doctor's appointment anyway...
Turn out it was the right decision as the frequency decreases as we reach the hospital...
*geram* nasib baik tak rush to the labour room... hehehe nanti buat malu je...

Anyway my urine, blood pressure, abdominal test were good and baby passed his fetal monitoring test with flying colours *alhamdullilah* Told Dr Delaila about the contractions, she said its normal as I'm nearing my due date, but my contraction test does not show increase in activity (geram they should have it on me at 3am in the morning) She did a vaginal inspection to check if I'm dilated... tak langsung *hahah* but my cervix wall have thinned down considerably... the test was bloody painful...

Convinced hubby to have lunch with me at TGIF first as he had to go back to the office :) Puas hati dapat makan my Fajitas... went home to sleep as I only slept for an hour the night before. Slept for about 4 hours though terbangun2 everytime contraction hits but I forced myself to go back to sleep... Thanks to the vaginal inspection, I had my first bloody show ... so I guess one more labour symptom off of the list...

I'm just waiting for the contractions to come 5 minutes apart or my water bag breaks... I think I rather spend my phase 1 labour at home than at the hospital, we all know with the first baby labour may be as fast as 5 hours or go up till 20 hours... and for all I know this maybe another false alarm... so am just keeping my cool and trying to keep myself busy/rested. Another reason for not going to the hospital now is, not wanting to take the chance that even if I'm even remotely dilated they may induce which I'm trying not to resort to... rather try the natural course first though it is a more painful and longer process...

So I'm putting all the pre-natal lesson, information from books and advices to good use now... reciting doa Nabi Yunos & practising breathing techniques everytime contraction hits, consuming air selusoh and akar kacip fatimah in copious amount... making stupid jokes and stopping myself from hitting people (i.e. hubby everytime I'm in pain), pray, play Sorority Life, read a book, go online etc and most important of all I SHALL NOT PANIC or freak the people around me

Nak ajak hubby pergi shopping lah after Friday prayers...hahahha ada hati nak berjalan2 walaupun dah terkedek-kedek... huhuhuhu kenapa gaji tak masuk lagi? nak pergi shopping nie...

p/s: I'm banned from driving by the doctor so I have started my cuti officially :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fargu hope all is well..
jgn lupe sms/mms masa deliver hahaha