Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Shopaholic No More :p


I choose not to type a complaint blog... if there's nothing nice to say better keep your mouth shut kan?

Anyway good (scary) news. We would probably getting the house keys sooner than expected. Good because we'll have a house to our name (duh!). Bad because it is kinda unexpected thus totally thrown me of the loops financially :p

As you know Hari Raya is coming. Though Raya is meant to be a celebration of our journey during Ramadhan, a time to reflect and celebrate with your loved ones, it is also the time where you tend to spend like crazy (beats the whole concept of teaching yourself to abstain during Ramadhan,kan?) I guess I have to relook at my "spending plans" and set aside the extra cash for other stuff (like grills & lampu rumah funds) So a cut in my baju raya, kuih raya, kasut raya (a tear), duit raya (hahaha not my lost) budget. Thank god I already finish baju Raya shopping for Ryan wayyyy back :p

It's ok, in the long run I'm gaining a more valuable asset in return (alhamdullilah) Sometimes I do question our decision for not waiting longer before getting the house. Lan and I have only been working for 3 years, just got married with a baby. Maybe we should have waited for us to be more financially stable..

But than again, how do you defined financial stability? sometimes we have to force ourselves to grow up. You see as much as I would love to do the grown up thing and save at least 1/3 of my salary... the truth is I don't. To force myself to save, I actually went on the direct potong gaji to my/Ryan's account route. Since I don't see the money I don't feel the lost and since Tabung Haji has no ATM my $$$ is safer :) hehe at least the method work and I did manage to save a substantial amount every month.

However, I know I could have save even more if I don't make unnecessary purchase. Looking at the amount of money I spend on clothes, shoes, gadgets and eating out every month is a bit crazy (I admit). By buying the house I may not be able to spend as lavishly as I do now but I'm gaining something more meaningful. I can imagine that cutting down may not be easy but better now when I'm still young and are still financially flexible.

When better to kick the shopaholic habit than during Ramadhan kan? Anyway do you know shopaholic is a form of mental illness (hahah cubaan memujuk hati yang tengah gatal nak online shopping ;p) Wish me luck.....

4 comments:

Sha said...

Good Luck. You can do it!

twayblade said...

buying property will definitely make u more unstable. haha. good luck! even kitorg pun tak abih renovate lagi rumah hence takde upacara house warming till now. sigh.

~f@R~ said...

Thanks guys...

OMG Ida I jumpa puting gigi yg you post in your blog kat kedai Seksyen 7 tu... serious freeky... haha nasib baik Ryan tak hisap puting kalau tak memang I dah beli..

NDYANAH K . said...

kesian kakna tak dapat shopping lagiiiii .