Monday, May 26, 2008

My Engagement Ceremony 24/05/08

Everyone keep on asking how am I feeling @ the moment... my answer would be, isn't it obvious

"Happy, Ecstatic, Nervous, Scared, Love all rolled into one package..."

Anyway, my Engagement ceremony went well... I was feeling like shit a few days before the event, stressed with the preparations on top of work commitment which unable me to take long leave, to top it all off this humongous pimple appeared on my nose 4 days before the ceremony...

It seriously does not help with totally insensitive people pointing (some even speaking in totally loud voices) "What is that on your nose" "What have you done, you engagement is in 2 days" *roll eyes* Thank god I have some "supportive" friends who offer encouragement rather than useless statements.

Anyway, Friday was real busy with my family cleaning the place, making arrangement, my cousins running around... I had to drive all the way to Damansara to get the cupcakes and the sirih junjung but it was worth it... Totally GORGEOUS!! the cupcakes from Wondermilk is delicious, I got myself a box of the 49 minis for friends and family... it's a real pain having to drive alone with 2 boxes of cakes and a flower bouquet... scary experience. I can imagine my mum's face if I ended up squashing my engagement hantaran :)

Saturday finally arrived and it' so much fun watching other people do work without having to help *heheheh* Najwa and Ley arrived around 10.00am for the make-up and the others arrived around 12.00pm ( Messy, Grace, Reebok, Iena, Juju & Popo) We had fun gossiping while waiting for Lan's family. They were making me sit still, giving me tips to appear ayu * It's like Britney Spears giving parental tips* hahaha

I was kinda cool at first, but totally freaked out before the "ring giving" ceremony... Was feeling kind of lost, don't know how to act, but it turn out ok... I asked my family & Lan later if there is any negative comments but everyone said it's fine... Najwa's fault for talking about protocol... I guess Istana's protocol is different from rakyat biasa *hahahah juz joking Uncle Wa*

Took tons of pictures... all in all it was a great day, despite the fact that Lan was not allowed to come to the ceremony ( I was very disappointed but some battles are not worth fighting..hehehe) Anyway I saw him the next day...so no biggie :p

Thanks to everyone who made my day... Especially my parents who took one week leave to ensure that everything is perfect... They are the greatest parents EVER!! Love them so much :)

Anyway, I can't believe I'm someones fiancee... WOW!

1 comment:

najwa said...

hahahahahaha..ye laaa aku org istana kan..wekkkkk..anyway it was a pleasure 2 be part of ur engagement day..cant wait 4 da big day fargu birdy..miss ya..muacksss!! c u at tini's later...daaaa...