Monday, June 2, 2008

Bimbo Tales!

Definition of Bimbo : Bimbo is a term that emerged in popular English language usage in the early 20th Century to describe an often attractive, yet unintelligent woman.

The reason why I'm blogging about this stems from a comment made on a friends blog. Someone commented on the "bimboness" of the blog I think, and I guess it pisses not only the writer but also the readers of the blog. How does this effect me? It doesn't but it does make me wonder...
Is it that bad to be called a "bimbo"? I guess it really depends on your point of view. Personally, as long as the label does not stick on me professionally, I couldn't care less. My friends call me bimbo at every chance they have and to be fair there are time where I really deserve it :p

I remember the time when I was strutting around in my pink swimming suit and pink oversized glasses, going in the jacuzzi with Nina and Sher... I was a little bit "too happy" that we're at the beach so I started splashing around in the pool going...

" Wee... I'm a fairy and I can swim.... ooppsss wait fairies don't swim... they fly... weeeee"

The look on my friends face is priceless... They gave me the oh-my-god-stop-being-an-airhead- we're embarrassed to be seen with you expression. Or the time when we were eating at the Arabian Style buffet, and someone commented that the salmon looks like S N A K E, and I was like, what? they kept on spelling S N A K E, Far... and for some reason I was so blank, I just didn't get it! I tell you, Lan was shaking his head, trying not to laugh to the fact that his so called self-proclaimed "genius" girlfriends does not know that S N A K E spell out Snake...

Everyone have their own "dim" moments, and I don't think we need to take ourself seriously all the time. Let's be true to ourself, reading an overly serious, political and intellectual blogs are not exactly FUN. It may be educational but it is not FUN and it's boring as there is not much point to gossip or talk about. That is why, eventhough some people may complain and bitch about a persons blog being to "bimboish", they still read it.

So people, embrace your inner "bimbo-ism" Be happy and proud of what you are rather than what other people think you should be :) I for one refused to take myself seriously all the time, if people are not happy with me, too bad so sad ;p

" I don't need your attitude, I got my own"

Anyway, despite my promise not to get anything NEW, I accidentally on purpose purchase this top online. It's worth it actually, as it's dirt cheap and totally cool :)

Another one of my purchase which is totally worth it, can't wait for it to come :)

Uncle Wa got this real rad car bag in black, I want it too but I just got myself a new oversize yellow bag from Cat's Whiskers so I have to suppress my desire & pocket from buying the red one :)

I want to finish my work a.s.a.p and go home and sleep ;p Yesterday was really tiring, went to Banting for Kak Ira's wedding and drove to Bangi (using the kampung road which took 1 1/2 hour) to show Lan the way to ILKAB. Instead of going home, we stop by Berjaya Time Square to watch Indiana Jones (it's so-so) The clothes in Time Square is funky and cheap, but I didn't get anything (sooprise..sooprise) I'm thinking of going there again with my girlfriends and not my grumpy fiance'

Kacau-ing Lan while he was driving...

1 comment:

i am Rinie said...

far, im proud to call myself as a bimbo. at least am not being hypocrite. hahaha... if u read my blog then u knowlah why am i making this statement.

nways, U LA SALAH SEORANG YANG MENGHABISKAN STOK PUMPKIN!!! i baru balik from cuti..baru ingat nak beli bile pumpkin sms i..tibe2 i tgk semua sold out!

hehe..take care