Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pre-Registration Drool/Nightmare

It is really happening. I've registered for my LLM this morning. There goes my social life for the next 2 years. I found out that for the 1st semester, I 'll have to take 4 papers (only 2 would be examable) on 4 different days (Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday)

Well, this is what I wanted, rite! :)

Anyway, I got to meet my course tutor, the adorable Dr Irwin (haha) He helped me with my registration and provided me with the course description. I know some of my ex-classmates are not to crazy attending his classes, but I love it. He may be very strict and sarcastic at times, but you can really tell that he cares for his student, unlike some of the "pilih kasih-lecturers." With him it is all about merit, so you got to earn your keep :) We talked about my options, work and making fun of people in general and I went off to finish my registration in high spirits

No problem with Bendahari, either (thank god, or I would need to complain to my dad ;p) I should have known that the process was too easy because after after climbing 2 steep stairs (in 3 inch high-heels) under the hot blazing sun, I was told that I can't finalize my registration today because I'm too early. OH MY GOD!!! I was so pissed, I just walked out *total disbelief written all over my face* I would need to go again to INTEKMA next week to hand in my form *sigh*

Since I'm late anyway, I decided to take the time to complete my medical check-up. The wait was more painful than the process. The doctor is an old lady who failed all public relation test available. She had the most "masam" expression and grunts her instructions. Thank god the nurse was nice. She was asking me about my course and work

When I told her that I'm planning to pursue my masters she was like " eee pandainya, boyfriend tak kisah ke, nak belajar lama-lama" I told her that my fiance' don't mind and he was the one who is pushing me to do this. She said " yelah kan takkan nak tunggu lama-lama. Boleh ke nak belajar dah nak kahwin nie? " I told her that I have no choice, since this is what I wanted.

I can't believe that I am crazy enough to take on this, but if other people can do this and can do well. I have no reason whatsoever not to finish my masters in flying colours *wink2* Hope my supportive fiance' is gonna stay and be a supportive husband having to predictably listen and endure my tantrums/waterworks/ screaming fits *insyallah*Hahaha he did listen to my lunatic ravings on my unfinished registration just now, but he abrubtedly cut off the call once I started my Irwin-itis :) Wonder why? *grin*

Anyway I am starting the road to obesity, having gained another KG *sigh* I need to diet or I'll end up being one fat bread face bride next year *huhuhu* I think I'll start tomorrow, because after looking at my "good & normal" medical result I decided to visit the Section3 MCD drive-through for old time sake :) Oh my god the new limited edition Banana Toffee Sundae is really good... More on my so call diet on the next post....

1 1/2 more days to Bangkok *weee*

No comments: