I'm still a bit weary of making this announcement but since most of my close friends (which made into 80% reader of this blog) is aware of the news...
I'm 12 weeks pregnant! Yeah 3 months people
There I've said it :) This may seem easy for some people but me being me...well...I would have waited till the very last minute to tell people if I can get away with it.
I would rather most people to hear it from me, but nak buat macam mana kan? Some people yang tak sensitive langsung choose to make my announcement for me. So if anyone asked me at at any time and I answered vaguely (hehe I never out rightly deny) I apologize. Maybe at that time saya sangat geram dengan mamat/individuals yg berkenaan tu. Don't get me wrong I'm very excited/happy/estatic but I deal with my good news my way. I am my own person and don't assume that my reaction is the same as yours. So don't imposed your belief on me.
I'm very private about some things in my life especially on a delicate issue like this. (most first time mum would understand where I'm coming from) but my mummy told me this last week (after she herself blurted the news to my whole family during Dareen's aqiqah ceremony) "Don't be so negative, your family is very happy for both of you and there would be more people praying for your well being" I'm not entirely convinced but I'll make this compromise :)
1. I found out that I was pregnant after I decided to take the test after my crappy Corporate Insolvency Exam. I just "knew" that I was pregnant for the whole week before taking the test even before my period was due. It started with this extreme guilty feeling everytime I wanted to eat junk food/colour my hair/diet. So I decided to take the test to erase my doubt once and for all. Alhamdullilah it was positive
2. We weren't really trying. We were half heartedly planning (haha) on the first few weeks to ensure that I won't be preggers on my honeymoon and exams. Worked with the first but not with the second coz I was already 4 weeks preggers during my finals (yeah I do think that the baby is Made in Bali :p)
3. I'm not suffering from any morning sickness up to the point of this blog entry. Adalah minor ones esp if I'm really tired but most of the time I'm fine. Ohh and you can't really really see my tummy yet despite being 3 months. My auntie was really suprised when I told her I'm 12 weeks coz she said "nampak sihat semacam jer and tak nampak perut pun" I just laughed cause I know she really suffered with morning sickness during her 3 pregnancies. *Alhamdullilah I have it easy so far*
4. Based on my latest checkup baby and mummy is fine. I need to gain at least 2 kg's on my next visit though. So kena paksa diri makan extra carbs and protein on top of being made to swallow 6 different supplements per day (bencinye kena makan ubat). I'm staying active despite of the pregnancy.I try not to wallow in self pity and sit in front of the TV stuffing myself with food. I will try and do light housework/ go shopping to cheer myself up / not go into extreme mood swings and be so mengada becoz I actually felt sorry for my hubby who is seriously bending over to make me happy
5. The pregnancy really open up my eyes and made me appreciate my hubby so much more. Seriously, he takes over some of my household responsibilities like cooking (because I can't really stand the smell of sautee'-ing onions), cleans the house and even do MY laundry without complaining at all. The best part is I don't even have to NAG him to do it, he'll do it on his own free will :) He'll make me eat my pills, buy me food that I feel like eating even if it mean taking the extra turn after work, watch MY fave tv show on TV. Yang paling I rasa touch is when he is willing to puasa sunat on Monday and Thursday after reading a "religious tip" in a book that we bought together to ensure that he is doing his part as a dad in the pregnancy :)
6. Other than that everything is A-ok. I'm praying that things will go smoothly.
This post is quite long there is a whole lot more on baby's development and stuff. We already set up a a blog specifically for the baby a few months ago. So I might not provide more updates in this blog to avoid repetition. I will provide the link when I feel like it :p hahaha