Monday, July 21, 2008

Of this and that....

I'm not in a good mood today. Actually I haven't been in a good mood since last week. God knows why! I'm tired and cranky and easily annoyed.

The weekend was ok. I was 1/2 hour late for my BEL class on Saturday (thanks to the stupid jam) As if being stuck in the jam wasn't bad enough, my fiance' decided that it would be a great time to lecture me on punctuality/responsibility. All I can say is BAD TIMING! I left him at the car, went to class. Thank god lecturers for Masters programme are less strict on time.

Class ended early (yea!) and Lan & I went to JJ to watch the Dark Knight (ini pun lepas merajuk selama 1/2 jam) He wanted to watch HellBoy (I totally put my foot down) Anyway the movie was awesome. OH MY GOD - you can feel the insanity oozing out from Ledger's Joker. Some of the scene was so heart wrenching and mind blowing. The Joker was just plain EVIL. Ledger's portrayal was way better than Jack Nicholson adaptation of the same role. The movie was darker, grittier and just plain awesome. Watch it, people! After the movie, we had out dinner in Shah Alam and I went home quite early. I was quite tired but I can sleep so I end up staying till late at night cleaning my room.

Yesterday didn't do much. I spend practically 1/2 the day watching Desperate Housewives rerun on Astro much to my daddy's dismay. hehehe. After that my dad made my sister and I visit my auntie. I played with Haziq si nakal (hahaha i beat him at a shooting game) while answering question from my auntie regarding the wedding.

Bosan ahh.... Everybody look at my face and start asking about preparations. My extended family don't GET it.I don't want frills, no ruffles,no overly bold/overly dark and boring colours, no over the top productions or too many people that I don't know and don't care for. If it were up to me, I would like a very small wedding, with only 200 guest of close family and friends. The only important thing to me is my dress which I don't mind spending on :p

A very wise lady once told me this "Youngsters now days, spend too much time thinking about the wedding day and does not put too much thought on what happen after the wedding". I take her word at heart. It is true actually, I know people who end up heavily in debt, maxing up their credit cards to pay for their wedding. They forget that AFTER the wedding they will need to pay up for all these expenses and it will eat up on their salary.

I know that there are times, when it is NECESSARY for a person to take up loan to pay for their marriage ceremony, sometimes it can't be helped. The difference is taking a small amount to cover the essential and taking a HUGE sum to pay for an over the top event. If you love someone, shouldn't it be enough to just have that person be with you and not bother so much about "external" influences/factors. It is different if you come from a well to do family. If you have the money, my motto is spend it *haha* but spend it wisely.

Trust me, I totally understand the pressure of keeping up with the people around you, but I have come to a realization that sometimes it is easier on your mental/ economic health not to bother. People would always talk no matter what.

So what if you don't get your Tiffany Ring or your shoe are from Vincci or your make up is from Body Shop. So what? As long as you and your love ones are happy, screw what other people might say. Some people are just happy when other people are depressed. You don't need to go down to their level. If material things are the only thing that can make you happy, than you are in deep trouble :) whatever-ler. Have a productive Monday, everyone....

1 comment:

twayblade said...

with regards to wedding preparations, take into consideration what other ppl say, but at the end of the day, let u urself decide what u really want. it's ur wedding day afterall. and dont' overspend. there's the issue of the matrimonial home to think about right after kenduri is over. good luck.